DIY Swimming Jellyfish With Just 7 Items
The ocean is full of fascinating creatures and plants. Do you have a child who loves learning about all things ocean? Here is a fun DIY activity to keep their love for sea life strong.
What you need
- Craft paper
- Googly eyes
- Popsicle Sticks
Making the Ocean Background
1. Cut out a circle of cardboard and paint an ocean scene with seaweed and sea stars as shown above.
2. Cut a slit in the middle (refer image above), with a craft knife. *Note: an adult should perform this step
Making the Jellyfish
1. Cut out a semi circle of the colored craft paper. This will be the body of the jellyfish
*Keep the size smaller than the circular cardboard.
2. Paste cut pieces of colored thread behind the body of the jellyfish in a straight line
3. Use glue to secure the back with a horizontal popsicle stick and two popsicle sticks for the handle as shown below.
4. Wait for it dry and flip it over to paste two googly eyes on the paper.
1. Once dried, carefully insert the sticks into the slit on the painted cardboard.
2. Move the handle to see the jellyfish swim!